Abiola Olabode and Kenny Pre-Wedding Shoot...!

 
Hi guys I just wanted to share an opinion I have on pre/post wedding shoots, why I encourage my clients to have their pre-wedding shoot/Post wedding shoots...and i will like to see your  thoughts as wedding photographers on this topic.










 What I mean by pre or post wedding shoots is this: 
A pre wedding shoot is not an engagement session. Its a portrait session where the couple get dressed in their wedding attire and do their wedding portraits before the day.
A post wedding session is not a trash the dress (unless they want to trash their dress!) again its the wedding portrait session after the wedding day.




 The reason I prefer to do this because I like to capture weddings in a truly photo-journalistic style. 
I sit back on the day and do little talking to anyone and just document the day. I've found that having to break out of that to shoot formal portraits can be hard on the creative brain. 
It take a bit of warming up to switch modes. It also reminds the couple and bridal party that your there and changes the dynamic and presence I've spent the morning creating.






 They go back to noticing your there and feeling self conscious about it.
Of course when shooting pj they know I'm there but are comfortable enough to not let it change they way the are acting etc.
On top of this "mindset switch" you also need to contend with a bridal party that really just wants to go have a drink (or has already had a few) or possible time constants.
Shooting on another day allows us to take our time and have stress free fun with it and it means that on the day, they don't need to leave their guests (and their party) to go take photos.
its also an avenue to get the best image and good fun shared between the "about to wed" 
Every time I've done this I've ended up with better coverage on the day and much better formal portraits from the portrait session.















Comments

Popular Posts